Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Hazing is truly criminal

ABCNEWS.com

I am positively horrified after reading this article. If the link goes bad later, the gist of it is about 13 year old boys who went to a four day long football camp in Pennsylvania and were repeatedly sodomized by older boys from the varsity team. The school looked the other way, but finally the perpetrators are going to appear in court.

I can't even begin to imagine how mad I would be if this were my son. Sports in this country have taken an evil turn. It's resembling the gladiators more and more. Apparently we're not any more civilized than we were when we were slaughtering animals in Roman stadiums. These sixteen years olds are sick sick boys. Perhaps I would be more scared if the older ones were my kids. Where did this start? What is the answer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home