Thursday, November 06, 2003

Depression amongst bloggers

I clicked on a random blog yesterday and was intrigued that depression seemed to be a theme. Have been feeling kind of punk lately so was wondering if this feeling encouraged blogging. Is there some double blind study somewhere?

Piano is being tuned. My thumb is screwed up from some unknown tendonitis type shit going on. Will I be able to play again? I haven't played in quite awhile. I can't decide if I care or not. Something that was a huge part of my life has kind of dropped off the edge. Perhaps some unborn grandchild will take up the torch.

Why do people move to the suburbs and then vote down school levies? I thought the purported reason they moved to the suburbs was so that their kids would have "good schools." Apparently it's more about greed and white flight. Greed because you HAVE to have a huge house when you move and white flight is just because......well, you know. It's not ever mentioned or talked about in polite society but it's pretty obvious why people leave medium sized cities for the glory of the suburban lifestyle.

I personally like living in a city. I guess it's because everything is close by - you just don't have to go very far for life's necessities. I tried bedroom community suburban living once. No one ever told us we have to drive 1/2 hour to get to most places. What a pain in the butt that was. Anonymity is important, also. Guess I'm not a neighboring type of person. I don't feel lots of pressure to be involved in a city. That soccer-mom lifestyle is NOT for me.

So, I'm a semi-depressed anti-soccer-ex-mom living in an anti-bedroom-community suburban suburb. Are there a lot more like me out there? Should I start a support group?

Four days of work coming up starting tomorrow. I'm UP for the challenge. Bring on the bugs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home