Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A dull day

Today was a dull day. However, not every day is exciting so this is what went on.

I got up fairly early, for me, to get to the Scion dealership by 11:00 a.m. to get the oil changed. This 6 month/5000 mile service was included in the purchase price of my car, and I thought I'd better get this taken care of while I was thinking about it. The appointment was easily booked online late on the evening before (imagine that 15 years ago) and I was out of there before noon.

A trip to K-Mart for a look around and picking up essentials like fabric softener took up an hour or so. They have good bargains and today was no exception. Katie has been looking for something from which to make Oliver's "peanut butter" Halloween costume. I found some brown sweat pants and matching brown sweatshirt with a logo that can be covered up by the $2.99 plain bright orange T-Shirt I found. Katie was thinking of buying some puffy paint to put on some sort of "peanut butter" theme. Oliver's stock answer is "peanut butter" whenever he doesn't know the answer. This has evolved into the costume itself being "peanut butter." She will be in charge of the decorations!

After a bite to eat at McDonald's I went to the post office to mail a book from a request made by a Paperback Swap member. This one traveled to Jacksonville, Florida. As soon as she receives it I will get another free book credit for the cost of media mailing a book ($2.77 plus the cost of the envelope).

Went home after all of this exhausting shopping and driving ;-) and actually folded clothes while I watched an episode of "Hoarders" on DVR. Watching this show has helped me to realize that keeping everything is NOT a good idea. I've never been a hoarder, but I've always been a bit cluttery. Seeing people who have taken it to the nth degree is quite illuminating and sad.

Since I hadn't made any dinner plans I decided to make chile at 4 p.m. I had to get something brewing and that is an easy choice. It turned out quite well, actually and I hope I remember how I made it for next time.

Grandpa is snoozing on the couch and I am now catching up on my blogging. We saw Oliver and Miles last night. Katie came for dinner while Neal was in BG. I did chicken in the oven last night so there are lots of leftovers for a couple of days.

Work tomorrow. Life moves on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home